Grondola Castle


 

Grondola Castle belonged to the Obertenghis very early. The oldest documents mentioning it date back to the XIIth century, when Alberto Malaspina had it strengthened before selling it to the City of Piacenzia in 1195. Located on a major commercial and military road linking Piazencia to Tuscany, its strategic predominance explains the many conflicts occurred for its possession in the course of the centuries.