Lusuolo Castle


Copyright© http://www.mariopegollo.it/

 


From the heights of a rocky hill overlooking the valley, this impressive building controlled the Francigene way. A Malaspisian possession since the XIIth century, in the marquess of Mulazzo's hands, the castle was partially destroyed by the Genoeses in 1449, and then rebuilt during the XVIIth century by the grand dukes of Tuscany, new lords of Lusuolo.