Olivola Castle


 

Primarily part and parcel of the fief of Filattiera, Olivola left it in 1275 when Francesco, son of Bernabo de Filattiera and Maria of Antioch – daughter of the emperor Federico II – inherited a part of his father's properties and became the first marquess of Olivola, owning a large territory which stretched between the torrents Aulella and Taverone. The major part of the castle was destroyed during the earthquake in 1920.